Centralized Accommodated Testing Spaces
The Centralized Accommodated Testing Spaces (CATS) provides additional support for undergraduate and graduate students who are registered with Student Access and Accommodation and have a documented need for accommodated testing. Faculty must reserve a specific start time with no more than five students per section of a course. Faculty may need to stagger reservation times or schedule students at an alternate time.
Located in Sadler Hall rooms 122 and 123, testing is available:
- Monday, Tuesday, Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Wednesday-Thursday: 8:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Makeup test for students with accommodations MUST be scheduled through the Centralized Accommodated Testing Spaces.Reservation Instructions Reservation Form
Reserve a testing time
- Complete the online form at reserve.tcu.edu/TestCenters. You will receive a calendar invitation as confirmation.
- Forward the calendar invitation to the student(s) to confirm the date, time and location of their reservation.
- It is the faculty member’s responsibility to provide the student with the date, time, location and requirements for testing (see below).
- Print the cover sheet that is attached to the confirmation email.
- Bring the paper exam and cover sheet in an envelope to Assistant to the Dean Jean Stayton by 8:15 a.m. at least TWO DAYS prior to the test date.
- There are no exceptions to this policy.
- Each exam should have the student’s name, class, and section on it.
- Include the PDF cover sheet from your calendar reservation.
- Completed tests will be delivered to Jean Stayton the day after the test is administered.
NOTE: There will be no exceptions, last-minute changes or additions to the accommodated testing schedule. Faculty may not interact with proctors nor enter the test spaces. Any questions should be directed to email@example.com. Detailed instructions with pictures can be downloaded here.
Requirements for students
Students who do not follow the rules may be prevented from taking their test. Students should:
- Have a confirmed reservation showing date, time and place. The calendar invitation serves as confirmation.
- Bring their TCU photo ID for identification.
- Arrive promptly. Students are encouraged to arrive 10 minutes early.
- Students who are more than 15 minutes late will not be allowed to test and must reschedule.
- All rescheduling — whether a student is late or does not show — must be completed by the faculty member.
- Sign an honor code statement of agreement before the test is administered.
- Behave ethically.
- A student may be dismissed from the testing space for inappropriate behavior (i.e. evidence of cheating, disrespecting the proctor, violating testing space policy).
- The faculty member and Dean’s office will be notified if a student is dismissed.
Schieffer faculty who have questions about non-accommodated makeup testing for Schieffer classes may reach out to COCTestingCenter@tcu.edu.