As a student in the Bob Schieffer College of Communication, you are encouraged to study abroad during your time at TCU. Two departments – Film, Television and Digital Media and Strategic Communication — offer study abroad opportunities to enhance your learning experience. Schieffer students also have the opportunity to study for a semester at The Washington Center in Washington, D.C.
Deadlines for applications can be found on the Study Abroad/Study Away website.
Frequently Asked Questions
Absolutely! All four departments in the college encourage their students to take advantage of study abroad programs. Be sure to check your eligibility. Applicants must be:
- currently enrolled
- degree-seeking students
- in good standing at TCU.
All semester programs require a minimum 2.8 GPA and two prior semesters at TCU. Some programs have additional prerequisites, so check the program page to confirm your eligibility.
The Center for International Studies’s website is the source of all accurate and up-to-date information regarding Study Abroad.
We recommend that you do, after you’ve attended a study Abroad Information Session and reviewed the available program offerings. Your academic advisor can assist you with planning to ensure you’ll stay on track with degree progress.
- Print a copy of the Credit Approval Form.
- Go to the Center for International Studies page and set up an account with Global TCU.
- Search for your program and find your course(s).
- Fill out top of page 1, sign and date page 2, then complete Course Information and sign and date page 3.
- You MUST get your form signed by the department chair of your major or minor.
- Once you have the necessary signatures, bring the signed, completed form to the Dean’s Office (MOUS 207).