Bob Schieffer ’59 announced five panelists for next week’s Schieffer Symposium on the News at TCU. Schieffer’s panelists are:
- Peter Baker, chief White House correspondent for The New York Times. He has covered five U.S. presidencies, from Bill Clinton to Joe Biden. He spent 20 years as a Washington Post reporter.
- Margaret Brennan, moderator of “Face the Nation” and chief foreign affairs correspondent for CBS News.
- Susan Glasser, columnist of The New Yorker’s “Letter from Biden’s Washington” column. She was founding editor of Politico magazine and a Washington Post editor and reporter.
- Jeff Pegues, CBS News chief national affairs and justice correspondent. He also is host of the CBS News podcast “America: Changed Forever.”
- Omar Villafranca ’00, CBS News’ Dallas-based correspondent who has covered the Ferguson, Mo., riots, Western border migration, and hurricanes Harvey, Maria and Michael. A 2000 graduate of the Bob Schieffer College of Communication, Villafranca will be the first TCU alumnus to join Schieffer on stage as a symposium panelist.
“I’m excited to present one more symposium at TCU,” Schieffer said. “I’m confident we’ll have a lively conversation with these accomplished journalists joining me on the stage.”
The Schieffer Symposium on the News will be at 6 p.m. Nov. 7 in the Van Cliburn Concert Hall in the TCU Music Center. The symposium was launched in 2005 and ran annually through 2011. This year’s encore presentation of the event celebrates the 10th anniversary of the naming of TCU’s Bob Schieffer College of Communication.
A few tickets for the event remain and may be obtained at tcu.edu/schieffer10.