Assistant Professor of Professional Practice
email@example.com | 817-257-5052
M.F.A., Texas A&M University
B.F.A., Kansas State University
UNPR 10211 Intro to University Life
STCO 16103 – Diversity
STCO 22403 - Interactive Design
STCO 32403 – Design
STCO 32603 – Publications
STCO 35413 - Creative Strategy
STCO 40970 – Sports Communication
STCO 40790 – Corporate Communication
STCO 48300 – Internship
STCO 48833 – Campaigns
Mr. Sears also teaches the Schieffer Associates, which consists of students from every department in the college
Areas of Focus
Visual communication design. Information graphics. Branding strategy and tactics. Advergaming. Storytelling. Ideation.
- “Gay Gaddis” Poster designs for Strategic Communication Green Chair events. Bob Schieffer College of Communication.
- Texas Tweets, Posts ‘n’ Pix. Promotional poster and support material design for social media workshop. Texas Center for Community Journalism.
- Contemporary Design Tips for Community Newspapers. Presentation. South Texas Press Association Annual Conference.
- The Best Things in Life are Free: Exploration and Discovery of No-Cost/Low-Cost Resources for Community Newspapers. Presentation. South Texas Press Association Annual Conference.
- “You Might Want to Carry a Gun” Book design. Kendall Hunt Publishing.
- Seven Things I Can Do to Improve My Design. Presentations. Seven Ways to Improve Your Newspaper Workshop. Texas Newspaper Foundation and Texas Center for Community Journalism.
- My Newspaper’s Black isn’t Black Enough. What Do I Do? Article. digital.community-journalism.net.
- “Investing in Fort Worth’s Future” Information graphic: Design. Fort Worth Chamber of Commerce.
- Senior Editor for Design and Graphics at the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- Art Director of the Dallas Times Herald, Dallas Morning News and University of North Texas Public Information Office.
- Responsible for five redesigns at the Star-Telegram, Diario La Estrella, several community newspapers, the Dallas Times Herald and directed the redesign team of the Dallas Morning News.
- Adjunct instructor at Texas Christian University, The University of Texas at Arlington and Southern Methodist University.
- Featured speaker, guest lecturer and seminar director at numerous schools and workshops including Texas Center for Community Journalism, Granite Publications, Texas A&M, University of
- Missouri, University of North Texas, University of Dallas, Louisiana Press Association, Society for News Design, API, APME, APSE, and Texas Press Association.
- Society for News Design,
- Council for the Advancement and Support of Education
- Print Magazine
- Society of Illustrators
- American Illustration
- Art Director’s Club of NYC
- Associated Press Managing Editors of Texas
- Dallas Press Club
- Society of Publication Designers