Ashley E. English
email@example.com | 817-257-4411
Ph.D., University of North Texas
M.P.A., University of North Texas
B.A., University of North Texas
STCO 11103 – Writing and Editing
Areas of Focus
Contributions and community engagement strategies of faith-based organizations
- Megachurch involvement in economic development: Theoretical guidance for Organizational Decision-Making. Association for Research on Nonprofit Organizations and Voluntary Action, Annual Conference, Chicago, IL.
- Theoretical understanding of church involvement in economic development: Examining the role of expectations on nonprofit action. Association for Research on Nonprofit and Voluntary Action, Annual Conference, Denver, CO.
- Extra-Role behavior and economic development: A study of the organizational behavior of megachurches, Annual Conference, Washington, D.C.
- The local government perspective of megachurches and extra-role behavior. Association for Research on Nonprofit and Voluntary Action, Annual Conference, Hartford, CT.
- The growth of megachurches: What impacts are they having on local economic development and who benefits? American Society for Public Administration, Annual Conference, New Orleans, LA.
Senior manager of public relations and communications for a nonprofit organization that serves the North Texas region. Consultant for nonprofit organizations in the areas of professional development and volunteer management. Co-founder of the TCU Nonprofit Communicator Conference.
- Best Poster Award for the 45th annual ARNOVA Conference in Washington, D.C. Research topic: Megachurches and Practices of Managing Accountability on Websites
- Doctoral Fellows Seminar Award Recipient from the Association for Research on Nonprofit and Voluntary Action (ARNOVA)
- Diversity Scholars and Leaders award from ARNOVA
- 40 Under 40 leader for community involvement and service in the Dallas-Fort Worth area through the Dallas Furniture Bank
- Association for Research on Nonprofit Organizations and Voluntary Action