Ph.D., University of Texas at Austin
M.A., University of Texas at Austin
B.S., University of Texas at Austin
STCO 43803 – New Media
STCO 45413 – Channel Planning
STCO 48813 – Ad Competition
STCO 60980 – Special Problems: Strategic Communication
Areas of Focus
Interactive advertising. Media planning. Consumer behavior. Consumer interactions in online environments, including social networking sites, customized websites, and RSS feeds. New media applications.
- Too Much Facebook?: An Exploratory Examination of Social Media Fatigue. Computers in Human Behavior.
- Deal Me In!: Assessing Consumer Response to Daily-Deal Websites. International Journal of Internet Marketing and Advertising.
- Does customization impact advertising effectiveness? An exploratory study of consumer perceptions of advertising in customized online environments. Journal of Marketing Communication.
- Facebook Versus Television: Advertising Value Perceptions Among Females. Journal of Research in Interactive Marketing.
- Exploring Consumers Motivations for Creating User-Generated Content. Journal of Interactive Advertising.
- Boosters, idealized citizens, and cranks: Community managers for cities share nostalgia and information in social media, but real engagement is messy and time-consuming. In Public Relations and Participatory Culture: Fandom, Social Media, and Community Engagement.
- Methodologies for Assessing Effects of Media. In Encyclopedia of Media Violence, Matthew S. Eastin (ed.).
- Media Evolution and Web 2.0 Technologies. In A Handbook of Research on Digital Media and Advertising: User Generated Content Consumption.
Marketing coordinator at a “dot com.” Ran a web design consultancy with one of her siblings. Administered online consumer panels for academic and industry research.
- Cheryl A. Soward Communicator of Distinction Award for Outstanding Achievements in Government Communication, Texas Association of Municipal Information Officers
- Ranked in “Top Marketing Professors on Twitter” by Social Media Marketing Magazine
- Ranked in “Top 100 Web Savvy Professors” by Best Online Universities
- Lead Faculty Advisor for National Student Advertising Competition Team, “Best Media Plan” for District 10
- Media Advisor for National Student Advertising Competition Team, “Third Place” for District 10
- Media Advisor for National Student Advertising Competition Team, “First Place” for District 10
- Media Advisor for National Student Advertising Competition Team, “Best Media Plan” for District 10
- Nominated for Wassenich Award for Mentoring, Texas Christian University
- American Academy of Advertising
- American Advertising Federation
- American Marketing Association
- Certified Public Communicator Program
- Texas Association of Municipal Information Officers
- Texas School Public Relations Association
- 3CMA: City and County Communications and Marketing Association