As a student in the Bob Schieffer College of Communication, you are encouraged to study abroad during your time at TCU. Junior and senior Journalism students also have the opportunity to study for a semester at The Washington Center in Washington, D.C. Each department of the Schieffer College offers study abroad opportunities to enhance your learning experience.
How to apply for study abroad
- Print a copy of the Credit Approval Form.
- Go to the Center for International Studies page and set up an account with Global TCU.
- Search for your program and find your course(s).
- Fill out top of page 1, sign and date page 2, then complete Course Information and sign and date page 3.
- You MUST get your form signed by the department chair of your major or minor.
- Once you have the necessary signatures, bring the signed, completed form to the Dean’s Office (MOUS 207).
Frequently Asked Questions
I want to study abroad, where do I start?
The Center for International Studies is THE source of all accurate and up-to-date information regarding Study Abroad. Check out the helpful resources on their website to get started.
Do I have to be advised to take Study Abroad classes?
We recommend that you do, after you’ve attended a study Abroad Information Session and reviewed the available program offerings. Your academic advisor can assist you with planning to ensure you’ll stay on track with degree progress.