Professor and Director of Graduate Studies, Strategic Communication
email@example.com | 817-257-6966
Ph.D., University of Utah
M.A., St. Mary’s University
B.B.A, University of Texas at Austin
B.J., University of Texas at Austin
STCO 23123 Public Relations
STCO 35503 Research
STCO 46723 Social Responsibility
STCO 50123 Foundations
STCO 60173 Project in Strategic Communication
Areas of Focus
Public relations. Research and evaluation. Corporate social responsibility. Measuring and evaluating communication programs and public relationships.
- Journal of Public Relations Research
- An Examination of the Validity, Reliability, and Best Practices Related to the Standards for Traditional Media,” Research Journal of the Institute for Public Relations.
- “An Examination of Fortune 500 Companies’ and Philanthropy 200 Nonprofit Organizations’ Relationship Cultivation Strategies on Facebook,” Public Relations Journal.
- “An Assessment of PR Educators’ Perceptions of and Approaches to Teaching Entrepreneurship,” Public Relations Journal.
- “Engendering Relationship Outcomes Through Stakeholder Involvement: A Case Study of a Nonprofit Organization” Southwestern Mass Communication Journal
- “Linking Public Relations Tactics to Long-Term Success: An Investigation of How Communications Contribute to Trust, Satisfaction, and Commitment in a Nonprofit Organization,” Journal of Promotion Management.
- “Measuring the Impact of Employee Communication on Employee Comprehension and Action: A Case Study of a Major International Firm,” Public Relations Journal.
- “The Link Between Strong Public Relationships and Donor Support.” Public Relations Review.
Public relations and marketing in multiple settings: agency, corporate, and nonprofit. Teaching and researching public relations for more than 20 years. Former division chair of the Strategic Communication Division at TCU.
- Bob Schieffer College of Communication Award for Distinguished Achievement as a Creative Teacher-Scholar, 2014 and 2016
- Jackson Sharpe Award for best co-authored research paper by a public relations academic and professional, International Public Relations Conference, 2008, 2014 and 2016
- Dennis Wilcox Award for Top Teaching Paper from the Public Relations Division of the Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication
- Top Six Conference Paper, Southwest Education Council for Journalism and Mass Communication conference.
- Nominee for TCU Dean’s Teaching Award
- Nominated for the John Grenzebach Research Award in Philanthropy for Educational Advancement
- Nominated for the H.S. Warwick Research Award in Alumni Relations for Educational Advancement
- Measurement Commission of the Institute for Public Relations
- Chair of the Assessment chapter of the Commission on Public Relations Education
- International Public Relations Research Advisory Committee
- Public Relations Society of America’s National Research Committee and former co-chair
- Association of Education in Journalism and Mass Communication member
- Editorial board of the Public Relations Journal
- Editorial board of Research Journal of the Institute for Public Relations