Convener of Debates and Assistant Professor
firstname.lastname@example.org | 817-257-6660
Ph.D., North Dakota State University
M.A., North Dakota State University
B.A., South Dakota State University
COMM 30101 – Forensic Team
COMM 30103 – Argumentation and Debate
COMM 30163 – Organizational Communication
COMM 30183 – Issues in Org Communication – Risk/Crisis
COMM 40003 – Honors Research Paper
Areas of Focus
Argumentation and Debate
Intersection between religious and political rhetoric
- Severing primary ties: Exit from totalistic organizations. Western Journal of Communication.
- The long road out: Exit stories from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Communication Studies.
- Speaking up on my way out the door: A close examination of church exit and members’ dissent. Journal of Communication and Religion.
- Director of Forensics at North Dakota State University
- National Communication Association
- Pi Kappa Delta
- National Forensic Association
- National Parliamentary Debate Association
- American Forensic Association