Ph.D., Ohio University
M.A., Ohio University
B.S., Ohio University
STCO 31423 – Strategic Writing
STCO 47523 – Crisis Communication
STCO 48833 – Campaigns
STCO 53483 – Crisis Communication
Areas of Focus
Risk and crisis communication
- Presented papers on public relations and crisis communication at national and international conferences and has published journal articles and book chapters in the same area
- Co-editor of Culture and Crisis Communication: Transboundary Cases from Nonwestern Perspectives.
- Co-editor of Case Studies in Crisis Communication: International Perspective on Hits and Misses
- Co-editor of Race, Gender and Other Minorities: Readings for Professional Communicators
- Editor for Sage Open Access (online) publisher
- Reviewer for Routledge, John Wiley and Oxford University publishers
Former director of the TCU Strategic Communication graduate program. Developed and taught the first course in crisis communication. Director of the public relations program at the Reynolds School of Journalism, University of Nevada in Reno. Taught at University of Texas San Antonio. Worked as a radio and television journalist and freelance broadcaster at Nigerian Television Authority and Voice of America (Africa Service), a consultant for C-SPAN-TV in Washington, D.C., editor-at-large for Celebrate Your Heritage (CYH, and a public relations consultant. APR Accreditation Chair for the Greater Fort Worth PRSA. Former board member and vice chair of Ohio University Alumni Association. Plank Public Relations Fellow in the Corporate Communications Department at USAA. Conducted a workshop on crisis communication. Visiting associate professor of strategic communication at Swinburne University in Melbourne, Australia.
Dr. George is an external examiner for the public relations program at Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman (UTAR), Malaysia. Dr. George consults in risk and crisis communication.
- PRSA Fellow
- Accredited in Public Relations (APR)
- Winner of three Worthy (professional PRSA) awards.
- Distinguished Faculty Teaching Award at University of Texas San Antonio
- Stephen H. Coltrin Award for Excellence in Communication Education
- The Best of Texas award for her student teams at the Texas Public Relations Association (TPRA) Student Case Study Competition
- Public Relations Society of America
- International Communication Association
- International Association of Business Disciplines